Peek a boo

Whole chunks of real life...scaled down, figures in all scales...even footballers!
David Silver
Active Participant

Peek a boo

Post by David Silver »

Clashcityrocker
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Peek a boo

Post by Clashcityrocker »

Nice pose on the figures.

Nigel
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Post by JamesPerrin »

This is superb almost two vignettes in one and a story that can be told from either side.
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:2) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)
iggie

Post by iggie »

Excellent work!
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
David Silver
Active Participant

Post by David Silver »

Thanks guys, I can't take any credit for the figures poses Nigel, that's all down to Tamiya and Italeri as I just stuck them together out of the box.
I've got a mirror backed glass cabinet James and a flat diorama scene would be a bit of a waste, I think its better to keep drawing the viewers eye's into the scene and I can always turn it round if I get bored of looking at the same side.
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Be that as it may, it is superbly posed and painted.
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
wokka

Post by wokka »

I really liked that, it brings life to the figures.
It's only pain, work through it.
Stupot
Pottering around

Post by Stupot »

This is great, really well done. In the first picture it looked to me like the guy in the side car might have just heard a sound behind the wall.
Old fashioned paint brush user.
David Silver
Active Participant

Post by David Silver »

Thanks guys, the BMW was almost a Kubelwagen but it seemed to make the scene look too crowded.
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

That is a great vignette, David, very imaginative and well executed.
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
David Silver
Active Participant

Post by David Silver »

ShaunW wrote: December 29th, 2022, 7:47 pm That is a great vignette, David, very imaginative and well executed.
Thanks Shaun.
Battletweety
Active Participant

Post by Battletweety »

David, just saw this, what an excellent diorama. I love the cobblestones. Is that foam or is it a performed plastic diorama kit? The figure painting is outstanding. The epaulettes on the germans are incredible, I always struggle with those. This will make a wonderful addition to the display cabinet.

thanks for sharing

BT
David Silver
Active Participant

Post by David Silver »

Battletweety wrote: December 30th, 2022, 7:24 am David, just saw this, what an excellent diorama. I love the cobblestones. Is that foam or is it a performed plastic diorama kit? The figure painting is outstanding. The epaulettes on the germans are incredible, I always struggle with those. This will make a wonderful addition to the display cabinet.

thanks for sharing

BT
Thanks BT, the German insignia are from the Tamiya 1/35 German Decal sheet sold as a separate item, no way could I paint those :lol:
The base is made from some underfloor building insulation liberated from a skip (dumpster), I got a full pack of it after checking with the builders that it was ok to take it.
A hot wire cutter was used to cut it to size for the wall and road. The cobbles were drawn into the foam with a sharp pencil, a set square and a couple of cans of beer. They were then rolled with a ball of kitchen foil to texture the surface and flatten the pencil lines and then sealed with Mod Podge and painted with as many cobblestone type colours I could find
I then sealed the paint with Vallejo Satin Varnish which was a mistake as it wasn't tough enough to withstand the grouting and rubbed off. I remedied this by dripping Klear/Future liberally over the cobbles with a pipette and left it for a couple of days to dry.
I then grouted again with my home brew mixture of grated pastels mixed with a drop of washing up liquid (dish soap), a few drops of water and a few drops of Humbrol Decal Fix, this mixture gives a working time of around 12 hours before it sets but up until that time it can easily be removed with water on a sponge or cotton buds.
The white foam in the picture is foil backed wall insulation that is cut with a knife then the foil is peeled off, it gives off toxic fumes with a hot wire cutter and it struggles to get through it, I have plenty of it and just use it for bulking out.

PTB11

Post by PTB11 »

A great vignette. Very nicely built and a dramatic story about to unfold.
On The Bench
Takom 1/35 M247 Sgt. York.
David Silver
Active Participant

Post by David Silver »

PTB11 wrote: December 30th, 2022, 6:39 pm A great vignette. Very nicely built and a dramatic story about to unfold.
Thanks Paddy :)

Return to “Figures and Diorama”