Tamiya 1/35 Russian KV-2 (1975 Boxing)

Millitary miscellany; Tanks, AFV, Trucks and other Soft-Skin vehicles etc.
David Silver
Active Participant

Tamiya 1/35 Russian KV-2 (1975 Boxing)

Post by David Silver »

Built out of the box with added detail made from what I could find in the shed.
Very basic kit for Tamiya and I'm glad they have released a newer version although I've not seen one to compare them.
I added rough cast metal texture to the front of the turret and gun mount as there wasn't any.
The tow ropes were made with the kit eyelets and electrical multi strand copper wire.
The vision ports were blocked with square plastic rod and painted black to get rid of the empty looking ports on the hull and turret.
The toolbox lids were removed and replaced with thick aluminium foil from a takeaway food container and given a few dings and dents.
The tracks were given some sag by inserting pins through holes drilled through the hull sides and superglued in place then snipped to length and I think that's about it apart from my homebrew muck to dirty it up a bit.
It will be going on a diorama base so it may get a bit more work to fit its surrounding in the future but it'll do for now.

general rocket
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Tamiya 1/35 Russian KV-2 (1975 Boxing)

Post by general rocket »

Nicely done
I wish, that I knew what was doing!
iggie

Post by iggie »

Very nicely done indeed! The rusting is especially good 👍
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
Clashcityrocker

Post by Clashcityrocker »

Very nice. Love the dented tool box lids.

Nigel
David Silver
Active Participant

Post by David Silver »

Thanks guys, although I moaned about it I did actually enjoy the build, it was fun trying to jazz it up a bit from the basic kit, I didn't bother with the fender brackets as I figured I'd done enough on such an old kit.
The kits decal sheet mainly consisted of patriotic slogans for the turret but after searching the internet for hours and according to the Tank Encyclopedia there is no photographic evidence of a KV-2 ever having a slogan painted on the turret. There are plenty of pictures of KV-2's wearing a single number towards the rear side of the turret, the decals were taken from the T-34 sheet.

Return to “Tanks, AFV and other Military Models”