bond bug

Time to pimp them rides!
Billoddy
Series 3 and Beyond

Re: bond bug

Post by Billoddy »

It’s good to see other people on here using modelling as an escape/rehab during illnesses. I too get the dreaded hand shaking and often spend hours checking the (Grey) carpet for ‘pinged’ parts. It’s never easy but worthwhile in the end. Hope your recovery goes well.
Billoddy
Series 3 and Beyond

Post by Billoddy »

It’s great to see others on here using modelling as a way of rehab/recovery or to just plain distract themselves from their illness even for a short time. I too get the shakes and can spend hours searching our (Grey) carpet looking for grey parts!
A nice build and a bit of nostalgia for us of a certain age. Hope the recovery goes well.
syd-baines
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by syd-baines »

thanks guys i am a lot better than i have been thanks i am getting back into modeling and i have finished the bug i am not all that pleased with it i have made a bit of a mess at the back and the roof does not sit right as you will see in the photos

JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Post by JamesPerrin »

It's all very tricky at this scale. Looking at the photo if you are able to pop the driver door off and reattach it to the roof it should solve the fit issue.
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:2) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)
Barney68
Getting well comfy!

Post by Barney68 »

I have fond memories of this car. Mate of mine bought one in the spring of 1971 and I remember people staring at us at traffic lights, it was the only one in our neighbourhood. Great car, very quick, noisy, not very comfortable but a hell of a lot of fun.
Sorry you've not been well, get better soon.
My modelling is for well being these days, at 71 it helps the hand/eye coordination, mental dexterity etc.
Been looking at the bug kit for a while, time to get one I think.
All the best mate, take care.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. :grin:
stiffy
starter kit

Post by stiffy »

Hi folks- Im new to the forum-first post.

I own a real Bond Bug so have completed this kit.

There appears to be a few minor printing errors with this kit.

The steering linkage (part 18) should come from the off side of the steering box- (part 12-13) rather then the front of the box.

The accelerator peddle (part 37) needs to be fitted the other way up so peddles are level

There is also a moulding error on part 32. It should not have the spike on the front.

I have contacted Airfix so they are aware of it.

nice kit though.
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Thanks for the info on the corrections to the kit. When you get the opportunity why not stop by the Welcome forum and leave an introduction ?
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.

Return to “Cars, Trucks, Bikes, Locos and other civvie vehicles”