1/12 Honda Fireblade sp cbr 1000rr-r

Time to pimp them rides!
syd-baines
Modelling Gent and Scholar

1/12 Honda Fireblade sp cbr 1000rr-r

Post by syd-baines »

i am going back into my comfort zone and build a bike it is one of the latest offering from Tamiya it is the latest version of the fireblade
i will start it in the next couple of days i am hoping this build will get me back to the bench and start modeling again it looks a nice build the parts are crisply moulded and with good detail as we have come to expect from Tamiya, i am really looking forward to starting this build
beany
Fat git, glasses, goatie - Avoid!

Re: 1/2 Honda Fireblade sp cbr 1000rr-r

Post by beany »

I'm not a fan of "big bikes wrapped in plastic" but I am a fan of you builds mate so looking forward to it!
2024 Acquired: 9 Built: 1
syd-baines

Re: 1/12 Honda Fireblade sp cbr 1000rr-r

Post by syd-baines »

hope you all had a good xmas. and hope you have a good new year, thanks beany hope you like this build, i have not been at the model bench as i have been busy with xmas projects for friends and family, but i have now finished and getting on with the model i have built and painted the engine and the frame is also painted and i put the engine in the frame i am now working on the swing arm

ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

It's great to see one of your motorcycle builds on the go, Syd. Many years ago one of my mates had an early 900cc Fireblade in the red/white/blue scheme that Honda have revisited for this anniversary machine. My mate's 900 was seriously fast but could be a bit wild in its handling - let's just say high speed buttock-clenching wobbles were not uncommon :shock: :ha: but I'm happy to say that he did survive the ownership experience unscathed. These later 1000cc bikes are probably an entirely different animal. You're off to a great start and I look forward to seeing more of this one.
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
syd-baines

Post by syd-baines »

thanks Shaun i have not been at the model bench for a while i seem to have lost interest in modeling but i am back now and i have built and painted the swing arm and put it on the frame it is the exhaust system next

Clashcityrocker

Post by Clashcityrocker »

Looking really good Syd.

Nigel
syd-baines

Post by syd-baines »

thanks Nigel i have built and painted the exhaust as well as the radiator and the headlights and put them on next it is the front forks, i have bought a detail fork kit for this which looks really good so i will be using that, here is how for i have got to

Return to “Cars, Trucks, Bikes, Locos and other civvie vehicles”