Modelling Plans for 2024?

Got something to say about the hobby of model making?
Stuart
Raider of the Lost Ark Royal

Modelling Plans for 2024?

Post by Stuart »

So have you got any specific plans for your modelling in 2024, any new themes planned or new skills that are going to be learnt - or is it a case of carrying on as you are and going with the flow?

Extra Starfix kits to the first person that says 'I'm not going to buy any kits', because we all know how that ends :-D :ha: :ha:
Stuart Templeton I may not be good but I'm slow...

My Blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
iggie
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Modelling Plans for 2024?

Post by iggie »

Now I'm slightly more semi-retired than previously, I will hopefully have a little more time for modelling, and I aim to:
1. Participate in a blitz for the first time (although this may need to wait until August)
2. Use my airbrush more, and set up a spray booth rather than the current set up on my workshop bench
3. Build more kits than I aquire 🤣
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
wokka

Post by wokka »

I have to get over Christmas first, I'm going to Hospital on Friday for major over the top life and death treatment, it is like that unfortunately. If it goes well As it'll go well I'll be out after 3 weeks and then it'll be the the vehicle GB followed by more helicopters than this year. I've also got a couple of Italian WW2 aircraft to build and I want to develop a theme around Bristol aircraft.
It's only pain, work through it.
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

wokka wrote: December 20th, 2023, 6:48 pm I have to get over Christmas first, I'm going to Hospital on Friday for major over the top life and death treatment, it is like that unfortunately. If it goes well As it'll go well I'll be out after 3 weeks and then it'll be the the vehicle GB followed by more helicopters than this year. I've also got a couple of Italian WW2 aircraft to build and I want to develop a theme around Bristol aircraft.
It'll work Wokka, we're keeping everything crossed and the best of luck with it all!.

I'm currently mulling over a few Helicopter builds, as well as the two RAF SAR birds I want to build, I have a MH-53 Pavelow that is calling me from the stash. I'm also kind of temped to build something Soviet, like a Kamov Ka-27 or similar.

AndrewR
In the basement lab

Post by AndrewR »

I'm hoping to build a couple of 1/32 scale aircraft, one of which will be a Copper State Nieuport. The other is very likely to be an example of the aircraft you can never have too many of. :)

I might also be able to participate in the February Blitz for the first time.
Up in the Great White North
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

As for me - I'm just going to keep plugging away with what I'm doing. I'd like to at least finish something in 1/35, and maybe use my airbrush some more. One thing I'm not going to do is take part in so many GB's, in fact I'm planning on just doing the C-130 GB (as I'm GBL) and leaving it at. I've taken part in far too many this year, and whilst I enjoyed them, they've definitely taken my modelling in places I hadn't intended to go.

Themes for next year will be...
  • WWII RAF
  • USAF late Cold War
  • Cold War era Soviet aircraft
I know the latter may not be very popular at the moment, and I wouldn't build anything modern Russian, but I am drawn to the old USSR ear jets at present - I've been reading some old Cold War Thrillers recently and have seen some pretty superb Mig, Sukhoi and Yak builds on here recently.

Anyway, enough babble from me.

Cheers!

Stuart

Post by Stuart »

AndrewR wrote: December 20th, 2023, 6:58 pm I'm hoping to build a couple of 1/32 scale aircraft, one of which will be a Copper State Nieuport. The other is very likely to be an example of the aircraft you can never have too many of. :)

Good plan Andrew!

Which Spitfire kit are you planning on?

iggie

Post by iggie »

wokka wrote: December 20th, 2023, 6:48 pm I have to get over Christmas first, I'm going to Hospital on Friday for major over the top life and death treatment, it is like that unfortunately. If it goes well As it'll go well I'll be out after 3 weeks and then it'll be the the vehicle GB followed by more helicopters than this year. I've also got a couple of Italian WW2 aircraft to build and I want to develop a theme around Bristol aircraft.
It will go exceedingly well Wokka and you'll be back banging out ugly flying objects helicopters before we can draw breath! 👍
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
AndrewR
In the basement lab

Post by AndrewR »

Stuart wrote: December 20th, 2023, 7:07 pm
AndrewR wrote: December 20th, 2023, 6:58 pm I'm hoping to build a couple of 1/32 scale aircraft, one of which will be a Copper State Nieuport. The other is very likely to be an example of the aircraft you can never have too many of. :)

Good plan Andrew!

Which Spitfire kit are you planning on?
Kotare Spitfire "Brian Lane" edition.
Up in the Great White North
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Be looking for you in a few weeks !!
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
Davem
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Post by Davem »

Best wishes for the op i hope it goes to plan and you're over it ASAP, as for modelling plans I'm going to conquer airbrushing and I'm giving larger scale figure painting a go after watching a night shift tutorial on you tube. That all depends on Santa bringing me some mojo which is missing in quantity at the moment.
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Post by PaulBradley »

wokka wrote: December 20th, 2023, 6:48 pm I have to get over Christmas first, I'm going to Hospital on Friday for major over the top life and death treatment, it is like that unfortunately. If it goes well As it'll
Best wishes to you, and we'll see you in the New Year! :grin:
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Post by PaulBradley »

As for my 'plans,' basically keep on keeping on. I'll aim to finish all my GB builds, will continue to build some review kits and work on one or two more books. My output has been excellent these past couple of years and I'll hope to continue to finish nice models and enjoy the process.
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"
VickersVandal

Post by VickersVandal »

I will continue my maxim of Quantity Not Quality :mrgreen: though I'll probably back off the pace a fair bit and not be quite so ambitious when it comes to number of builds. This year, being focused on a completions tally probably separated me from family (in the man cave) too much and I feel like those chickens have come home to roost somewhat :-|

I think it will be a bit of a GWTF year where I build more according to mood and interest than to themes and group builds. Blitzbau stays, though. I am pumped for that.
Must.....build....ALL the Sopwith Camels!...

My Biggles Model display website: https://tinyurl.com/y74ydzae
Ratch

Post by Ratch »

Chrism has given me a list of kits to build for A&NVMSIG Tables next year :lol:
All models are equal. Some models are more equal than others.
Airfix Tribute Forum

Return to “Small Talk”