Small collection of vehicles I have built since moving to England. Forgive poor lighting and incomplete models

Millitary miscellany; Tanks, AFV, Trucks and other Soft-Skin vehicles etc.
JamesWright99
Series 3 and Beyond

Re: Small collection of vehicles I have built since moving to England. Forgive poor lighting and incomplete models

Post by JamesWright99 »

Moved to the UK at the end of september, I have built this small collection of vehicles. All my modelling supplies are in Canada, and I lack spare decals. Hoping to take some new pics with better natural lighting soon.
B4en
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Small collection of vehicles I have built since moving to England. Forgive poor lighting and incomplete models

Post by B4en »

Let's see now, MB/Revell Churchill bridgelayer, Mirage(?) Stuart, IBG Otter, Airfix Morris and Bofors, Ace Humber tourer? You've certainly been busy and they all look like fine builds even with your lack of tools. Looking forward to seeing more! 8-)
The past, present, and future walked into a bar. It was tense.
wokka

Post by wokka »

The lighting's good enough to show the quality of work, a nice collection.
It's only pain, work through it.
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

That is a great little collection, James. No apologies needed and certainly when it comes to photography I'm the sort who ends up with holiday snaps of people with telegraph poles or trees appearing to stick out of their heads, using a camera is not one of my strong suits :ha:
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
Clashcityrocker

Post by Clashcityrocker »

A nice collection.

Nigel
AndrewR
In the basement lab

Post by AndrewR »

Nice little collection there, James. 👍
Up in the Great White North
Cardinal
Getting well comfy!

Post by Cardinal »

A lovely assortment of vehicles, I assume the crew figures are out of box? They look like metal jobs.
Alex

The more effort I put into a model, the better it becomes!
flakmonkey

Post by flakmonkey »

ShaunW wrote: December 23rd, 2023, 6:48 pm trees appearing to stick out of their heads
He's from Yorkshire, it happens a lot.

A nice little collection, and kudos on the Matchbox kit. Back in their heyday, MB made the BEST small scale armor.

Also, welcome to our rainy little island. My wife is a Canadian import, too.
Would ya like to learn to fly? Would ya? Would you like to see me try?
X12A

Post by X12A »

They look good to me and I do like a Churchill. Welcome to England btw.
iggie

Post by iggie »

Nice work James 👍
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
JamesWright99
Series 3 and Beyond

Post by JamesWright99 »

B4en wrote: December 23rd, 2023, 6:22 am Let's see now, MB/Revell Churchill bridgelayer, Mirage(?) Stuart, IBG Otter, Airfix Morris and Bofors, Ace Humber tourer? You've certainly been busy and they all look like fine builds even with your lack of tools. Looking forward to seeing more! 8-)
Matchbox Churchill Bridgelayer (Won from a Veteranus Auction on Facebook), Plastic Soldier Company Stuart (I have 2 more to build, and technically with spares I could probably get a total of 6 tanks from that simple kit), the rest you are on the money with!

About to do another Airfix order as I need more paint and I am going to take advantage of their New Years Sale!
JamesWright99
Series 3 and Beyond

Post by JamesWright99 »

Cardinal wrote: December 24th, 2023, 4:31 am A lovely assortment of vehicles, I assume the crew figures are out of box? They look like metal jobs.
For the Airfix ones they are out of the box. The IBG Otter was lent the crew from the Stuart set by Plastic Soldier Company.
JamesWright99
Series 3 and Beyond

Post by JamesWright99 »

flakmonkey wrote: December 24th, 2023, 12:53 pm
ShaunW wrote: December 23rd, 2023, 6:48 pm trees appearing to stick out of their heads
He's from Yorkshire, it happens a lot.

A nice little collection, and kudos on the Matchbox kit. Back in their heyday, MB made the BEST small scale armor.

Also, welcome to our rainy little island. My wife is a Canadian import, too.
Matchbox were a favourite of mine as a kid, especially before the popularity of the kits being super collectable in the last couple years, my dad would get them for me on Ebay and at sales at museums and fleamarkets. I did a Sherman Firefly that I properly mangled as a kid (6 or so?) and completely redid it, added stowage and crew figures and new decals. I pick them up whenever I see them and they are under 20 quid or so. I can't believe how much Revell asks for their re-casts these days.

Cheers on the welcome! I am in Oxford and I am admittedly I have been surprised at how mild it has been so far. I need to buy a better rain jacket though.
JamesWright99
Series 3 and Beyond

Post by JamesWright99 »

Thanks for all the remarks, everyone! Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Return to “Tanks, AFV and other Military Models”