The *New* Shared Build Guidelines -- 24 Feb 2013

Here's where the general chat and organization of Group/Shared Builds takes place, with Guidelines, the GB/SB Calendar, and an Index to completed GBs.

Moderator: PaulBradley

JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

The *New* Shared Build Guidelines -- 24 Feb 2013

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

This is the new shared builds forum, a smaller, simpler, easier method for finding your modeling mate, your plastic partner ….

The purpose of this forum is to give members a place to seek out other like minded members to build something together, whether it is the same kit, same theme, whatever, it is up to them … on a schedule agreeable to them … where others may join in the build or not … and record the build in a forum/topic comfortable to them … and maybe even do it over a favorite beverage, or three, somewhere ….

Advertise by opening a topic; try for a meaningful heading. I am going to make what I think is the only Rule -- no pinning of ads, let the messages be prioritized by activity and not build up a list of old pinned things pushing new business onto the 2nd page … no pinning wars !

Sort out the kit(s), the time-frames, the whatever … go forth and build …

It is suggested the best place to for your build topics is the appropriate Modelling Forum … or you can do it in your respective workbench topics. It would be great that, once the build has started, you post links in the "ad" topic pointing to the build topics and perhaps cross-linking each build topic to the other so members can follow along … perhaps also adopt some semi-standard topic name ….

Alternatively, you can build within this forum, inside the "SB Workbench" sub-forum. That's it, one sub-forum for any/all builds that want to go there rather than as suggested above, so again … try for some meaningful naming convention, cross-link, etc …. I want to keep the ads & chat separate from the builds ….

I don't intend to have a Gallery of Completions, we have enough Galleries already ….

What's the difference between these and Group Builds ? Are they replacing GBs ? Are they a way around the arbitrary, onerous, and draconian rules of the GB Forum ?

Not much, NO, Be very careful how you answer …. These are meant to be simple onesy-twosey-threesey builds, simple get togethers. However it might even be a place for an undersubscribed GB to meet and proceed. One thing it will not become is a wild west show, for anything goes "GBs" -- the UAMF has a GB philosophy that it will keep, this is not meant to replace that.

To start, I'll monitor this, but it's not an active role as in GBs …. there shouldn't be much you need from me, but if there is, you know where to find me ….
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.

Return to “The Group/Shared Build Chat”