NOTE: Swap of Matchbox (Ted Taylor) and Busy Lizzie GBs

Here's where the general chat and organization of Group/Shared Builds takes place, with Guidelines, the GB/SB Calendar, and an Index to completed GBs.

Moderator: PaulBradley

JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

NOTE: Swap of Matchbox (Ted Taylor) and Busy Lizzie GBs

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Please see the Calendar, just updated.

We had already renamed the Matchbox II GB, scheduled for October, as the Ted Taylor Tribute.

Now, with his recent passing, we felt it better to move that GB forward by swapping it with the Busy Lizzie GB.

So, the Ted Taylor Tribute GB, ex-Matchbox II GB, will now be 15 August to 30 September, with 6 weeks to give plenty of time for participation. Martin R will be GBL, perhaps joined by others.

The Busy Lizzie GB, originally a 6-week GB due to holidays, will now be conducted 1-31 October with AndrewR as GBL.

Because of the great significance we attach to the Ted Taylor Tribute GB, we have opened up that forum already to allow chat, remembrances, and for folks to get their threads lined up.
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Re: NOTE: Swap of Matchbox (Ted Taylor) and Busy Lizzie GBs

Post by PaulBradley »

Many thanks, John. Ted was a much-loved and respected modeler of very long standing and I am sure many here have been influenced in some way by his build sin Scale Models and other magazines back in the seventies and eighties. I would like to invite anyone who feels sad at Ted's passing to join the GB in tribute to our friend and fellow UAMF member.
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"
Ian
Blitzbau hero

Re: NOTE: Swap of Matchbox (Ted Taylor) and Busy Lizzie GBs

Post by Ian »

That's a really good idea, John. Well done.
I'm a mostly full-time modeller put a part-time poster....

Return to “The Group/Shared Build Chat”