Feanors Mighty Works...

Show us a view of your workbench / work in progress and build reports too.
feanor
Active Participant

Re: Feanors Mighty Works...

Post by feanor »

Ayup b4en…

These painted up will be good. But LOTS of work, and I don’t have time for them just yet. My Emhar Vikings seem to have gone ‘ aViking’ somewheres…

The best thing, is to keep on building. Clap your hands, stamp your feet, wiggle your fingers…
feanor
Active Participant

Post by feanor »

Ayup All…

And yes, The Sunderland went back in the stash, LOL 😂. You can see what stalled builds I’ve picked up, and I’ll go with those for the moment. I’ll have to dig to find and get a Mosquito out though, as I don’t want to compromise my gift sets with them in. Maybe time to go to eBay…
The best thing, is to keep on building. Clap your hands, stamp your feet, wiggle your fingers…
iggie
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by iggie »

Such an impressive variety on your bench as always! I thought I had a varied portfolio, but your range of choice makes me look almost blinkered! :-D
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
feanor
Active Participant

Post by feanor »

iggie wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 9:26 pm Such an impressive variety on your bench as always! I thought I had a varied portfolio, but your range of choice makes me look almost blinkered! :-D
Ayup Iggie..

Thankyou for your kind words.

I just have to say that I try to go where the music and my pockets will take me. There really isn’t any plan apart from trying to find and build what people don’t see on displays but spark a memory.

I’m loving the aircraft I’m building at the moment because it’s great to come back to regular modelling, which I Love nonetheless. Thanks again mate.
H-bomb
Is His Name Really Howard?

Post by H-bomb »

That is a very nice mixed bag of stuff going on here. Variety is the spice of modelling life👍
Cheers Howard
acquired 1
Built 2
Disposed none

On the bench. Airfix Handley Page 0/400 , Escadron Hunting Percival Pembroke
feanor
Active Participant

Post by feanor »

H-bomb wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 11:07 pm That is a very nice mixed bag of stuff going on here. Variety is the spice of modelling life👍
Cheers Howard
Thanks Howard.
feanor
Active Participant

Post by feanor »

Ayup All…

In between a series of squalls I finally primed my Airfix MK VIII Mosquito. To be made as the ubiquitous box-art featured, 248/254 Sqn ‘QM-D’, PZ 486, a machine that was amongst five ‘Tsetses’ lent to 254 by 248 at North Coates Strike Wing in April 1945. I’m sure that the majority of us has made this airframe at one time or another, and is to go with my Beaufighters of 236 and 254 Sqn again respectively. I’m looking forward to tomorrow when the primer is fully cured and I can get on with cutting it’s original moulded nose off to change it. And getting some internal green going, with some cockpit work if it’s possible.

B4en

Post by B4en »

feanor wrote: March 12th, 2024, 5:16 pm
Blimey Fe! You could flog that to the Tate as an installation. :-D
The past, present, and future walked into a bar. It was tense.
feanor
Active Participant

Post by feanor »

Ayup B4en…

Great Idea !

And if only. I’m a little bit under the cosh at the moment so I’ll give them a ring ! What’s it called ? ‘Feanor in pieces’ or ‘Feanors folly’ ? 😂😂😂
B4en

Post by B4en »

feanor wrote: March 12th, 2024, 5:52 pm Ayup B4en…

Great Idea !

And if only. I’m a little bit under the cosh at the moment so I’ll give them a ring ! What’s it called ? ‘Feanor in pieces’ or ‘Feanors folly’ ? 😂😂😂
'Feanor's Flying Fantasmagoria.' Make up a page of pseudy gibberish to go with it and they'll lap it up. :ha:
feanor
Active Participant

Post by feanor »

Ayup B;en…
That shouldn’t be that hard ! I’ll give it a go. Thanks for the giggle. I really needed that. Thanks bud.
Migrant
Happily Landed after Many Circuits and Bumps

Post by Migrant »

B4en wrote: March 12th, 2024, 5:58 pm
'Feanor's Flying Fantasmagoria.' Make up a page of pseudy gibberish to go with it and they'll lap it up. :ha:
And here's just the tool to help you.
B4en

Post by B4en »

Migrant wrote: March 12th, 2024, 11:40 pm
B4en wrote: March 12th, 2024, 5:58 pm
And here's just the tool to help you.
Lol great find Mike! That nonsense was just getting established way back in my art college years. I strung together random lyrics from punk songs for my 'explanatory notes'. Smash the cistern!
feanor
Active Participant

Post by feanor »

you Migrant,

Thanks. I can see that having multiple uses around the web and elsewhere !
feanor
Active Participant

Post by feanor »

Ayup all…

RL has interrupted briefly and messily, but I now have an update on the Mosquito. I now have an airframe. Cutting the nose off wasn’t a biggy and the kit part fits nicely. It will indeed be a MK XVIII, and all I have to do now is fit the engine nacelles and conformal tanks as per my references. I fitted the wings out of sequence because the slots for the wings were atrociously tight. They’re located accurately, but you can see the difference in height and dihedral in them. It’s annoying. But I did attempt to rectify this, but it wasn’t happening, so they are what they are. I wonder how many of these due to this went in the bin…

I added some scratched switches and the like, in the cockpit, broke out my bag of airfix stands, and have her temporarily mounted on one. She looks fast and graceful even without engines, LOL. Today’s work will see all the seam work done, nacelles built and fitted, (with working Propellers !) and all readied for a nice coat of Sea Grey. I also have to Klear the can o pee and mask that. And that will be a full rest of Sundays work.

Hope you like.

Return to “Workbench Window”