Sign-up and Chat

For those 'tween war aircraft -- January 1919 to August 1939 -- military or civilian. Any kit, any scale.
Runs 1st February to 2nd March.
GB Leader is Chuck Finley.
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Sign-up and Chat

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

This is a continuation of the original thread here from GB Chat.

This will be a GB for the colorful military aircraft of the 'tween wars era, those with silver or yellow wings. The aircraft could be from any country as long as the subject was in service from January 1919 to August 1939. Any kit, any scale. While typically biplanes, there are a (small) number of monoplanes that all in this era. And while one typically thinks of fighters, it would be open to bombers, seaplanes, etc of the era.

To clear up any confusion, some caused by me, this GB has been renamed to simply cover any 'tween wars aircraft in the period January 1919 to August 1939, military or civilian, any markings, any kit, any scale.

GB runs February 1st to March 2nd. Your GBL is Chuck Finley, who will provide any information necessary ....
VickersVandal
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Sign-up and Chat

Post by VickersVandal »

Oh, it's for military only? I got the wrong impression thinking it was all interwar subjects. Not to worry, no shortage in the stash either way :grin:
But that does rule out the Monospar I was planning.
Must.....build....ALL the Sopwith Camels!...

My Biggles Model display website: https://tinyurl.com/y74ydzae
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

The Silver Wings and Yellow Wings are usually tied to the RAF and the US 'tween wars, so I made that assumption, but I guess I better review the thread (which I did and updated the first post).

Get your definitive ruling from Chuck Finley.
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

BTW, I am in, I just have to choose something sensible from the hundred or so candidates ....
VickersVandal

Post by VickersVandal »

jRatz wrote:BTW, I am in, I just have to choose something sensible from the hundred or so candidates ....
What he said! :lol:

I would dearly love to pull out the Curtiss H-16 for this and prove to myself I really could do it in a month but reality says otherwise, and this is going to be an unusually busy month for me out in the real world.

Chris

Post by Chris »

I have a lot of planes to make for my twin engine build, but I might try to squeeze in a Buffalo in Navy silver and yellow if I can!
Honcho of ASMMF
Molly-new

Post by Molly-new »

VickersVandal wrote:Oh, it's for military only? I got the wrong impression thinking it was all interwar subjects.
Same here, I was going to do the Westland PV6 Wallace which took part in the 1933 Houston Everest Expedition, but I guess it does not qualify. :sad:
Airfix WWII Aircraft Of The Aces.
Completed - 10
Building -
Pending -4
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Molly-new wrote:
VickersVandal wrote:Oh, it's for military only? I got the wrong impression thinking it was all interwar subjects.
Same here, I was going to do the Westland PV6 Wallace which took part in the 1933 Houston Everest Expedition, but I guess it does not qualify. :sad:
The PV-6 was the prototype and later converted to the Wallace Mk.I .

I'll let Chuck Finley make the call, but I'd be tempted to include it ....
AndrewR
In the basement lab

Post by AndrewR »

I'm still vacillating between Matchbox kits: Hawker Fury, AW Siskin, Fairey Seafox or Boeing P-12e! :)
Still, it's nice to have the choice...

Cheers

Andrew
Up in the Great White North
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

I will probably do something from the Hawker Hart family -- I have kits in all three scales, plus a stick & tissue flying kit, but I'll probably stick with 1/72. I have a very full calendar this month, at least 11 days no where near a work bench.

I was looking at a BFC-2. I have the CA 1/48 F11C-2 and enough info to convert to a BFC-2, and I have the Starfighter Decals conversion of the Monogram 1/72 F11C-2 but it has no under fuselage bomb mechanism, so I'm not sure I want to get into it with short bench time available.
BlohmWolf

Post by BlohmWolf »

I have the monogram Hawk P-6, but sadly, I won't be taking part. I have some important life things that I have to attend to first, and I think this is just one GB I won't be able to have time for. The blitzbau and the Twin-Prop fighter GBs were the only manageable ones. I'll still watch this GB, but no model from me. I bet though, some really well done and interesting aircraft will come out of this. :grin:
"Can not finish a model at all"

"You can get more of what you want, with a kind word and a wallet, than just a kind word".

Currently Building: FROG Wildcat, Fokker DR1 Red baron and some other things...
Ian
Blitzbau hero

Post by Ian »

I have the Airfix 1:48 Fury for this GB. Sadly it's boxed up (with the rest of my stash) in preparation for our house move.
I'm going to have to sit this one out.
I'm a mostly full-time modeller put a part-time poster....
BlohmWolf

Post by BlohmWolf »

Hope your house move goes well Ian. How is the new house that you've seen so far? Is it good for modelling?
"Can not finish a model at all"

"You can get more of what you want, with a kind word and a wallet, than just a kind word".

Currently Building: FROG Wildcat, Fokker DR1 Red baron and some other things...
Chuck Finley

Post by Chuck Finley »

Chuck Finley wrote:
VickersVandal wrote:Oh, it's for military only? I got the wrong impression thinking it was all interwar subjects. Not to worry, no shortage in the stash either way :grin:
But that does rule out the Monospar I was planning.

I am allowing any aircraft from November 12, 1918 to September 1939. Munich Crisis, Spanish Civil War, China, and various Sputh American schemes are also allowed. Civil schemes from this period are also allowed. So feel free to enter that HP.42 or Lockheed Orion that's sitting in the stash. :)
Okay, I was called out on being unclear and going back on previous guidelines. The time I meant is from the end of World War I to the start of World War 2. In other words no later than September 1, 1939 or August 31, 1939 (Before the Germans dropped that first bomb on Poland). Since November 1918 was technically an armistice and the Treaty of Versailles was signed on June 28, 1919. Thus, the official date should be 1919. Of course since the final Treaty with the Ottoman Empire was not signed until August 10, 1920 in the Treaty of Sèvres, One could make the case that WWI wasn't formally over until August 1920.

So ignore my previous post. Time frame: 1919 until August 31, 1939.

As per my original post and proposal: Subjects allowed include any aircraft from that period.
On second thoughts, let's not go to Camelot. It is a silly place!
VickersVandal

Post by VickersVandal »

Chuck Finley wrote:As per my original post and proposal: Subjects allowed include any aircraft from that period.
Sick one! Monospar it is then 8-) in Adelaide Airways livery.

"What?? No Biggles?" I hear you cry!

Return to “'tween Wars Aircraft GB”