What Is The Last Movie/Show You Saw?

Chill out 'n' talk about anything. Have a giggle, play a game or have a rant and try not to fall off the Soap Box. (NOTE Standard Forum Rules apply).
Dazzled
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: What Is The Last Movie/Show You Saw?

Post by Dazzled »

Getting my Sci-Fi fix with The Mandalorian (pretty good) and series 4 of The Expanse (awesome and highly recommended 8-) )
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
Kitaholic

Post by Kitaholic »

Been trying The Witcher on the youngest's recommendation. A lot better than I expected
Regards

Gord

Desperately trying to find his MOJO, don't know where I left it
dayzofspeed
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Post by dayzofspeed »

Stuart wrote:
dayzofspeed wrote:... scantily dressed busty vamps...
:shock:

I actually rather enjoyed it, lots of good humour and I thought the chap playing Dracula was ace.
That's what spoiled it for me...its supposed to be a gothic horror, episode 1 showed some promise but I felt it went downhill rather rapidly. Maybe they should have made it modern from the beginning and not extremely loosely based on Stokers original
I stared a century thinking this will never change
As I hesitated, time rushed onwards without me
Too scared to break the spell, too small to take a fall
But the absolute luck is, love is in our hearts!

Lyrics By P. Weller
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

Kitaholic wrote:Been trying The Witcher on the youngest's recommendation. A lot better than I expected
Watched the first episode on Sunday.
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
Stuart
Raider of the Lost Ark Royal

Post by Stuart »

Dazzled wrote:Getting my Sci-Fi fix with The Mandalorian (pretty good) and series 4 of The Expanse (awesome and highly recommended 8-) )
I need to try and watch the Expanse again - I started to but couldn't get into it. The same goes for a similar series called 'Dark Matter'.

I'd also recommend Star Trek Discovery - I watched the whole first series before Christmas. I wasn't too sure when it first started but by the end of the series I really liked it. Some cracking good stories.
Stuart Templeton I may not be good but I'm slow...

My Blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
DavidWomby

Post by DavidWomby »

The Brokenwood Mysteries. We finally are getting to see series 6 here in the US. I love this slightly quirky NZ detective show.

David
Kitaholic

Post by Kitaholic »

Stuart wrote:
Dazzled wrote:Getting my Sci-Fi fix with The Mandalorian (pretty good) and series 4 of The Expanse (awesome and highly recommended 8-) )
I need to try and watch the Expanse again - I started to but couldn't get into it. The same goes for a similar series called 'Dark Matter'.

I'd also recommend Star Trek Discovery - I watched the whole first series before Christmas. I wasn't too sure when it first started but by the end of the series I really liked it. Some cracking good stories.
Big fan of Discovery, really great take on the Star Trek universe
Regards

Gord

MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

Kitaholic wrote:
Stuart wrote:

Not seen Discovery, really getting some stick on that there youtubey!!. :-|
Hoping to return to modelling sometime this year!! :lol:
Owner of Marky's Model Emporium since 2013!.
iggie

Post by iggie »

dwomby wrote:The Brokenwood Mysteries. We finally are getting to see series 6 here in the US. I love this slightly quirky NZ detective show.

David
We do too; up to series 4 now :-D
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
Stuart
Raider of the Lost Ark Royal

Post by Stuart »

MarkyM607 wrote:
Kitaholic wrote:
Stuart wrote:

Not see Discovery, really getting some stick on that there youtubey!!. :-|
Yeah, I can see why it wouldn't be for some, it did take two or three episodes to get going. The twists at the end of the first series were awesome.
Stuart Templeton I may not be good but I'm slow...

My Blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Kitaholic

Post by Kitaholic »

Stuart wrote:
MarkyM607 wrote:
Kitaholic wrote:
Stuart wrote:

Not see Discovery, really getting some stick on that there youtubey!!. :-|
Yeah, I can see why it wouldn't be for some, it did take two or three episodes to get going. The twists at the end of the first series were awesome.
It's also a lot darker and pulls no punches. Second series is brilliant. Can't wait for the 3rd although not sure where they're taking it.
Regards

Gord

iggie

Post by iggie »

Just returned from seeing 1917 at our local cinema (3 screens and you get an intermission with an usherette selling ice-cream :-D), absolutely fantastic film in all respects; superb story, acting, sound and the sets are awesome .
Highly recommended
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
Clashcityrocker

Post by Clashcityrocker »

iggie wrote:Just returned from seeing 1917 at our local cinema (3 screens and you get an intermission with an usherette selling ice-cream :-D), absolutely fantastic film in all respects; superb story, acting, sound and the sets are awesome .
Highly recommended
Yep, agree. Saw it Saturday night. I didn't nod off during it, must count for something :)

Nigel
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

iggie wrote:Just returned from seeing 1917 at our local cinema (3 screens and you get an intermission with an usherette selling ice-cream :-D), absolutely fantastic film in all respects; superb story, acting, sound and the sets are awesome .
Highly recommended
Ice cream selling and an intermission?, those were the days!! :lol:
Hoping to return to modelling sometime this year!! :lol:
Owner of Marky's Model Emporium since 2013!.
iggie

Post by iggie »

MarkyM607 wrote:
Highly recommended
Ice cream selling and an intermission?, those were the days!! :lol:
They still are in North Lincolnshire :-D :-D
Seriously, we bought two tickets, a drink each (cider and bitter), popcorn and a bag of fruit pastels for the same as two tickets would be in MK :shock:
Best wishes

Jim

Return to “General Chat”