What flew over your house today?

Things that fly
iggie
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: What flew over your house today?

Post by iggie »

We had an unusual visitor on the range this morning; a Dassault Falcon 20 from Chobham Aviation (ex FRADU) which spent a good couple of hours in the area, at times very low.

Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
iggie

Post by iggie »

And today I was back at Waddington learning even more about fire service pumps and how to use them safely, along with a fair bit of aviation action from RAF Waddington (Red Arrow multiple times, King Air several times plus a couple of Phenoms on circuit bashing) and Lincolnshire Air Ambulance which was up and down more often than the proverbial...
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
Davem
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Post by Davem »

A bit pedestrian compared to some of the military aircraft spotted on here but I was inspecting a big cherry picker and got it to full height when I watched a freight version of a 747 going into Birmingham airport. I've seen the A380 loads of times and always I'm always impressed but I've never seen a 747 going into Brum.
Stuart
Raider of the Lost Ark Royal

Post by Stuart »

Davem wrote: March 28th, 2024, 8:45 am A bit pedestrian compared to some of the military aircraft spotted on here but I was inspecting a big cherry picker and got it to full height when I watched a freight version of a 747 going into Birmingham airport. I've seen the A380 loads of times and always I'm always impressed but I've never seen a 747 going into Brum.
Cool! I used to see a lot going in and out of there when I used to go for walks in Warwickshire, never saw a 747 though.
Stuart Templeton I may not be good but I'm slow...

My Blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Gregers
Forum founder

Post by Gregers »

Heading over here to Cleethorpes yesterday I saw a C17 very low. Awesome beastie. Sarah got a pic of it. I will post it when she's forwarded it to me.

All the best

Greg
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Albert Einstein
iggie

Post by iggie »

Gregers wrote: April 11th, 2024, 4:42 pm Heading over here to Cleethorpes yesterday I saw a C17 very low. Awesome beastie. Sarah got a pic of it. I will post it when she's forwarded it to me.

All the best

Greg
Did you get to see the P8 today? We had one on the range pretty much all morning, and it flew up the coast at about 2000 feet as far as Spurn Point before climbing to return to Lossiemouth...
Best wishes

Jim
Gregers
Forum founder

Post by Gregers »

Hi Jim.
Heard something that may have been it but anything low over Cleethorpes would have been IMC. 😂

All the best

Greg
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Albert Einstein

Return to “Aviation Hangar”